bblogger

Perricone MD - Blue Plasma

07:30:00


Perricone MD Blue Plasma is a product which has been raved about for a while, 

I've wanted to try this for ages, and it found it's way mysteriously onto my skincare shelf over Christmas after much deliberation and whilst my skin was so bad, I didn't want to try it, because I felt like it wouldn't be a true representation of the product, So I waited. I waited until I'd been on the Doxycycline for a bit and the skin had started to show signs of improvement.  

Designed to slough away dead skin cells, unclogging pores and purifying the skin, whilst rehydrating and rebalancing the skin, I thought this was exactly what was needed, and whilst I had my Doxy, if it was going to flare up the Rosacea, I would be able to do some damage control.  

This is the first Perricone MD product I've tried, and loved. Whilst serums can be hit and miss for me, I find some can be too rich and I can have little break outs this sat well with my skin. 


On first application, I found it quite runny, almost of an oil like texture, and it smelt a bit as I initially massaged it into my skin, but that smell faded as it settled into the skin and it dried fairly quickly, which was appreciated as I'm not the most patient person when it comes to waiting for my skincare to dry. 

The morning after first application, I was pleased to see that I wasn't bright red and actually, my skin (where it wasn't slightly pink anyway) was actually, rather glowing and I was quite impressed. 

I have for the past 4 weeks, used either this, or Clarins double serum, mostly this. 


Whilst it does claim to be a "Daily Peel" I didn't find it harsh, or irritating, as it is non-acidic, I actually found that over the past 4 weeks I haven't had the need to exfoliate. I do get the need, to just scrub my skin every now and then. Which I am fully aware causes more problems, but I feel better afterwards. My skin has been brighter, despite having got the flu during this time, I didn't find this effected skin at all, actually all the usual breakouts have been kept pretty much under control.


I wouldn't recommend this for daily use, for anyone with Rosacea, and use sparingly when using. I would recommend once or twice a week in place of your usual serum or night cream and consult your dermatologist if you're using any medicated creams. I used this alone, and not with any Metronidazole. Whilst I assume it would be fine, I wanted to see the effects of the product alone, rather that in combination with a medicated cream. 

For a full list of ingredients, click here to see them on the Space NK website. 

Have you tried Perricone MD Blue Plasma, what did you think? 

X TWC 

You Might Also Like

0 comments