bblogger

Stylist Live 2015

22:57:00



A Fantastic day out for the beauty or fashion enthusiast.


Full of a variety of big, and more niche brands.


Stylist, and it's band of merry brands and excellent speakers took over the Business Design Center in Angel, London for four days and the Fashion and Beauty fanatics descended.


I went on the Friday, and here is my experience. 


As you know, I've been investing in experiences this year and when this popped up on my radar, I thought it would be an excellent thing to do! 


First up, was talk from the wonderful Sam & Nic of Pixiwoos, who talked through their accidental rise to international YouTube stardom and how they maintain their brand image, whilst keeping up with the demands of life, product collaboration and demonstrating the perfect smokey eye.


Next up, a useful lesson in Public Speaking, by the incredible Sheelagh McNamara of RADA (More on this to come!)


Last on my talk list, was "How to become a Beauty Editor" by Joanna McGarry, who gave us the inside knowledge on how she conquered the beauty world to to become Associate Editor (Beauty) at Stylist. An invaluable talk for those who want to get into journalism, or those just starting out. 


Now, for the brands I spoke to.

I wondered around the hall in between talks and shows, and spoke to a variety of brands, the ones which stood out for me were:

Solely Original,
Uniquely Eclectic,
Clarins,
This Works,
Yull Shoes,
Oliver Bonas
Pukka Tea's
Rituals
Spry Candles
Tangle Teezer



I could scream from the rooftop about Clarins, I would have walked away buying the entire of the brand but my self control was showing itself. I never managed to get a facial on the day. But I've just booked in at John Lewis for a facial. EXCITED!

Also thank you for the Oyster card cover, much appreciated.

My Spry Candles are my current #1 Love. I adore a smelly candle, they can really make a room. I purchased, two of the smaller sizes, one in Sandlewood and Amber, another in Ozonic Sea Breeze. They are both, perfectly autumnal and comforting. 

I spotted a gorgeous lamp at Unique Eclectic, their website is here

I love pukka teas, a lot. So I didn't purchase on the day, because I have loads already, but got to taste the vanilla chai, which i wanted to taste for ages, pleasantly surprised. Occasionally vanilla in hot beverages can be a bit melted ice creamy? But this was delicious. Looking forward to cold nights with a mug of this to end the day. Definitely on my to buy list. 

The final brand, has to be Tangle Teezer. Their new Blow Styling tool really needs to find its way into my hair kit. I'm not a fan of rounded brushes for blowdrying, much prefer a paddle set up. Definitely on my Christmas Wish list! if you havent seen it, check it out on Feel Unique. HERE


Things I wish I saw more of 
Beauty. Being such a beauty fiend I wish there was more beauty brands there. 

Affordable brands. £100+ for pyjamas, no matter how unique is ludicrous. Unique yes, I appreciate that, but for an event organised by a free magazine affordability wasn't a priority. There were some definite bargins to be had, if you had the cash to splash. 

I would recommend this for a day out in 2016! I look forward to more learning labs, talks and hopefully more brands! 

X TWC


You Might Also Like

0 comments